April was a very busy month (like any other month!) - here's an update on how I did with my yearly goals and my monthly goals:
2012 Yearly Goals
- Read 36 books in 2012 = three per month. Still doing really well with reading!
Completely reorganize our filing cabinet. I intend to spend at least one hour per week on this (during an average week).
- Complete one Do-It-Yourself project per month. Artisan bread was a huge hit with my husband and his parents!
- Exercise regularly - at least three times per week.
- Create monthly goals (a new concept, but similar to my weekly goals) for my personal life.
- Continue creating weekly goals. Weekly goals (and goal-setting in general) are making such a huge difference for me this year!
- Post a Do-It-Yourself project update at the end of each month.
- Post a monthly reading update at the end of each month.
- Post two new recipes per month.
- Create monthly goals for my blog.
- Continue reading through the Bible together according to this two year plan (we are on year two).
- Read several books about marriage and family: The Meaning of Marriage, 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families and Power of a Praying Wife.
- Continue supporting each other through a huge upcoming change in our lives.
- Read four books.
"Margin" by Richard Swenson .Read my update about Margin and A Love That Multiplies in this post. "Love that Multiplies" by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar . "Tightwad Gazette" by Amy DacyczynLook for a reading update this weekend.
- "Dear Birthmother" by Kathleen Silber This will be on May's list. The Tightwad Gazette is nearly 1,000 pages, which I didn't know!
Complete my Do-It-Yourself project : Artisan bread in five minutes a day .This DIY was a huge success! Exercise three times per week for 30 minutes each time.I did fairly well this month, aside from this week, as we were traveling for the wedding. Continue preparing for Vacation Bible School. Clean out desk; sell desk and lamp. The desk has been cleaned out and I am working on selling the desk and lamps. Organize my clothes (switch from winter to summer and pull out clothes that I no longer wear).This was a huge project, but it's done!
- Read the Ebook that I downloaded for free at the end of March. Maybe in May?
Write a four-week "Top 10 Series" about the top 10 products that I buy in each of four separate categories. Look for the first installment on Tuesday of this week!This series is going well! Pop over to check it out.
Post two recipes:
Gluten Free "Hamburger Helper" Pasta.This should have posted earlier today. Gluten Free Pizza Pie.See the recipe HERE.
Post reading updates throughout the month as I finish each book.